21st Century Christianity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Video

The Video of the Week.
A Family-Friendly Lift...
Fresh Every 7 Days.

Pete's Video Picks! Pete Has Been Moving His Friends and Viewers for Years With Inspirational Video Devotionals. Funny, Poignant, Informative and Sometimes Incredible... Each Week Brings Something New That's Sure to Touch Your Heart. Pete Cuts Through the Clutter of Online Video Content to Bring You a Great Christian Family-Friendly Selection. ---Every Monday---
Latest topics
» Dreams & Prophecies
Christian Politics EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 1:54 am by Admin

» Do You Need Help or Someone to Talk to?
Christian Politics EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 7:37 am by Dusty

» Howdy There... Nice Ta' Meet Ya'
Christian Politics EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 3:33 am by Brandy

» Christmas... Joy To The World
Christian Politics EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 8:09 pm by Rick

» Rick's Picks: Neat Videos From a Christian Perspective- Inspiring and Well Worth A Watch!
Christian Politics EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 7:08 am by Rick

» MERRY CHRISTMAS
Christian Politics EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 6:52 am by Peter

» How Can They Say There Is No God
Christian Politics EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 8:23 pm by Heartsings

» On Eagles Wings
Christian Politics EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 4:17 pm by Sam

» Christian Politics
Christian Politics EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 7:37 pm by John

» God & Country?
Christian Politics EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 8:54 am by Sam

» Words of Encouragement
Christian Politics EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 5:00 am by Ray

» THANK YOU FROM JAPAN
Christian Politics EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 5:30 pm by Bruce

» Christian Story of the Day
Christian Politics EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 5:23 pm by Bruce

Christian Politics GodHathNotGivenUsaSpiritofFear
Tom Fireman
Tom Fireman

Back to top Go down

Christian Politics Empty Re: Christian Politics

Post by Tom Fireman Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:54 pm

Or George W Bush who would often pray with folks that came to the White House and made huge righteous and moral stands for God that were very unpopular! Maybe folks won't agree, but that's how I see it!
Tom Fireman
Tom Fireman

Back to top Go down

Post by Anna Joy Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:48 pm

That was beautiful Tom! Thank You!

I agree, some of these folks are really sincere and dedicated in their faith. Others though like Obama and a few others that I have seen can talk the talk, but they can't walk the walk! They don't walk with the Lord and it shows in their actions!

Don't Tell Me What you Believe...
Tell Me What You Do
And I'll Tell You What You Believe!

Tom Fireman wrote:YA... Ok. These folks are the present up and comers, but there are a number of folks who don;t make a big show out of it, but they are very sincere Christians and have done their best to be good godly leaders. Reagan for one who gave a great inspirational speech in Shanghai in 1986 when he visited Jou Toung University. You would have thought him to be a preacher.

Anna Joy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:48 am

I wouldn't trust a guy that didn't have any religious conviction! "A guy that believes in nothing is a guy that will believe Anything!" Annon
Dave
Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeJoe Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:26 pm

Anybody know much about Rick Perry?
Seems pretty sincere.
Midia dislikes him and well... that speaks well of him. Any thoughts? He got my attention.
???

Christian Politics Perry-rick3

JoeJoe
JoeJoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Dee Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:40 pm

Sincere good man.
Christian Politics Rick-perry4x3-thumb-400xauto-22778
Bob Dee
Bob Dee

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:37 am

No I don't, but that took some conviction to ask for a day of prayer and fasting. God Bless Him.
JoeJoe wrote:
Anybody know much about Rick Perry?
Seems pretty sincere.
Midia dislikes him and well... that speaks well of him. Any thoughts? He got my attention.
???

Christian Politics Perry-rick3

Art
Art

Back to top Go down

Post by John Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:22 pm

He's been a really good leader for Texas. A lot of faith and conviction. He sure gets my vote.
Christian Politics Rick-Perry-Newsweek-400
John
John

Back to top Go down

Post by Bo Randalls Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:51 pm

Yep... he's a pretty straight shooter. Be a good man for the job if they'd elect him.
Bo Randalls
Bo Randalls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:00 pm

I was excited to have Obama become President, but then he just didn't play out his seeming beliefs. He never went to church... he has had a lot of Muslim contacts that were questionable and he has quietly presented a very anti religious agenda. So I hope we can get someone new in... in 2012. He Mantra d "Change We CAN BELIEVE IN" AND EVERYBODY SHOUTED "We Can"... But it is not the change we were hoping for. I pray for him everyday, but I think we need a change. That's...Christian Politics 3429843491_my_two_cents_answer_103_xlarge
Sam
Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandy Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:27 am

I was very impressed by Herman Cain who is a solid Christian along with a lot of experience about turning things around. Here is some information on him.

What you may not know about Herman Cain who is running for president....

He’s not a career politician (in fact he has never held political office). He’s known as a pizza guy, but there’s a lot more to him. He’s also a computer guy, a banker guy, and a rocket scientist guy.
Here’s his bio:
• Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics.
• Master’s degree in Computer Science.
• Mathematician for the Navy, where he worked on missile ballistics (making him a rocket scientist).
• Computer systems analyst for Coca-Cola.
• VP of Corporate Data Systems and Services for Pillsbury (this is the top of the ladder in the computer world, being in charge of information systems for a major corporation).
All achieved before reaching the age of 35. Since he reached the top of the information systems world, he changed careers!
• Business Manager. Took charge of Pillsbury’s 400 Burger King restaurants in the Philadelphia area, which were the company’s poorest performers in the country. Spent the first nine months learning the business from the ground up, cooking hamburger and yes, cleaning toilets. After three years he had turned them into the company’s best performers.
• Godfather’s Pizza CEO. Was asked by Pillsbury to take charge of their Godfather’s Pizza chain (which was on the verge of bankruptcy). He made it profitable in 14 months.
• In 1988 he led a buyout of the Godfather’s Pizza chain from Pillsbury. He was now the owner of a restaurant chain. Again he reached the top of the ladder of another industry.
• He was also chairman of the National Restaurant Association during this time. This is a group that interacts with government on behalf of the restaurant industry, and it gave him political experience from the non-politician side.
Having reached the top of a second industry, he changed careers again!
• Adviser to the Federal Reserve System. Herman Cain went to work for the Federal Reserve Banking System advising them on how monetary policy changes would affect American businesses.
• Chairman of the Kansas City Federal Reserve Bank. He worked his way up to the chairmanship of a regional Federal Reserve bank. This is only one step below the chairmanship of the entire Federal Reserve System (the top banking position in the country). This position allowed him to see how monetary policy is made from the inside, and understand the political forces that impact the monetary system.
After reaching the top of the banking industry, he changed careers for a fourth time!
• Writer and public speaker. He then started to write and speak on leadership. His books include Speak as a Leader, CEO of Self, Leadership is Common Sense, and They Think You’re Stupid.
• Radio Host. Around 2007—after a remarkable 40 year career—he started hosting a radio show on WSB in Atlanta (the largest talk radio station in the country).
He did all this starting from rock bottom (his father was a chauffeur and his mother was a maid). When you add up his accomplishments in his life—including reaching the top of three unrelated industries: information systems, business management, and banking—

STACK THAT UP AGAINST THE 'COMMUNITY ORGANIZER'....

Herman Cain may have the most impressive resume of anyone that has run for the presidency in the last half century.

Brandy
Brandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Willis Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:14 pm

Sam I agree. Time for a change. We too pray for him as he is the president, but hopefully we will have someone new in 2012.

Brandy your post on Herman Cain was really interesting. Before that my reaction would have been "Herman Who"? He really is a good Christian and gives the Lord credit for his success. Should be interesting to see how it all goes.

Tom Willis
Tom Willis

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitch77 Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:15 am

I was sorry to see Sarah Palin drop out of the race. I thought she would have been a Great President.
Mitch77
Mitch77

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:20 am

I watched the movie about Sarah Palin and she is Lady with great conviction, love the Lord and sincere, but I had question after watching movie whether she had enough experience to run United States. Just my impression. I think she made right choice to wait.
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitch77 Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:35 am

Cain seems to be a pretty sincere man, but I don't understand his 999 tax idea. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Mitch77
Mitch77

Back to top Go down

Post by Scoop Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:03 pm

Wow you guys are gonna think I'm bonkers, but I think Romney is the best chance for change. A Mormon is better than a Muslim at this time and in my book.
Cain seems like a sincere Christian, but I don't think he could win. Sure has me praying. Hate to see that Obama Won the Presidency first against "McCain" then again against "Cain".
Scoop
Scoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandy Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:30 pm

I'm not thrilled with the Romney idea, but I would take him over Obama if that was the choice. I'd rather have Palin, Perry or Cain.

And fellas I guess you all feel strongly on the photo switch, but this is my real mug.
Brandy
Brandy

Back to top Go down

Post by buggy Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:40 pm

Mitch his 999 plan would work, but it's such a huge overhaul. Like converting to the Metric System. I seriously doubt it's going to happen. Inspiring man though. God Bless Him!

Oh and everybody. I just want you to know... that is my real face! Smile
buggy
buggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:56 pm

Yep ... Perry for me. Thanks.
Mike
Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:32 pm

Anyone know anything about Santorum? Any recent thoughts on the election?
Christian Politics Romney-santorum_523x335
Paul
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Willis Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:19 am

He's a very sincere and dedicated Christian. Often willing to stand up for his beliefs though they be unpopular and not well received. A good, honest and faithful man. The problem is though that he is seen as not able to win the general election. Time will tell.

Paul wrote:Anyone know anything about Santorum? Any recent thoughts on the election?

Christian Politics Romney-santorum_523x335
Tom Willis
Tom Willis

Back to top Go down

Post by Bo Randalls Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:18 am

Anybody but Romney... and even he is far better than Obama. Sure wish they wouldn't attack each other so much though. Weakens them for the general election.
Bo Randalls
Bo Randalls

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:53 pm

OK... there were many others I preferred besides Romney! But it's time for a gut check...
Christian Politics %7BD6BD57F1-34ED-423C-9404-416DE6D5952F%7D_Reality_Check_logo
Obama has gotta go ... we need a change!
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post by buggy Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:05 pm

Yep Newt is for Naught
Perry Has Perished (from the fray)
Santorum might bore 'em
Palin was Impaled (by bad attacks from the Left)
Paul... Not At all ... (a consideration)
Cain decided to Refrain
Which Brings Us Down to Romney... Which it's Gotta Be!
buggy
buggy

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiritRider Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:13 pm

Interesting... should be a lot decided in the next week or two. I like Santorum... and I'm for him... even if he does bore them.
Christian Politics Rick-santorum3-460x3071
SpiritRider
SpiritRider

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandy Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:38 am

I'm not sold on any of these folks, but I think sincere Christians should wholeheartedly back whoever comes out as the GOP winner in November. We need more sincere and Godly leaders in Washington... whoever it might be. That's my opinion on it.
Brandy
Brandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:50 pm

OK Perry is out... Santorum is my next choice and I do agree Brandy... we should go with whoever wins the GOP in the end.
Mike
Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Smith Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:31 am

This is a religious site so I will watch my words but I do feel strongly that future generations will be strongly affected by this election. In 20 or 30 years perceptions will based and history will be written by choices made now. We have an opportunity to put someone in with stronger moral convictions than President Obama and given that freedom I think we should act. That is my prayer and hope.

Christian Politics CUS1035Faith
Bill Smith
Bill Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:57 am

I agree but I still pray for the President. He carries a great responsibility and I do feel he has grown and changed over his time in office. I am thankful for the good he has accomplished and though a change might be better for the country he has made some positive moves in the right direction.
Honestly I feel he has just made race too much of an issue and encouraged the occupy Wall Street Folks and has sown a seed of discontent. That's not good for anyone. In the long run I hope he and others will see that. Thank you for your honesty Bill and I did agree with you. I usually vote as a Dem but I would take either Santorum or Romney if the election was held today. It's not a matter of race it is a matter of moral convictions and righteous faith in God. That's where I stand.
Christian Politics Life-choices-quotes-004
Bill Smith wrote:
This is a religious site so I will watch my words but I do feel strongly that future generations will be strongly affected by this election. In 20 or 30 years perceptions will based and history will be written by choices made now. We have an opportunity to put someone in with stronger moral convictions than President Obama and given that freedom I think we should act. That is my prayer and hope.

Christian Politics CUS1035Faith
Sam
Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:18 pm

I don't have the best of impressions of Mormons, but Romney seems much more sincere and he gets my vote. The President is now going to church and prayer breakfast etc, but he didn't before. That's my 2 cents on the election.
Christian Politics 278132500-06202248
Enjoyed everyone's posts on this. Very interesting. Thank you.
Ed
Ed

Back to top Go down

Post by Tip Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:28 pm

(Romney) Better from where I sit. In a year when folks will promise anything… it helps to look back at what they've actually done. Actions speak louder than all the Ads and spin.

Ed wrote:I don't have the best of impressions of Mormons, but Romney seems much more sincere and he gets my vote. The President is now going to church and prayer breakfast etc, but he didn't before. That's my 2 cents on the election.
Christian Politics 278132500-06202248
Enjoyed everyone's posts on this. Very interesting. Thank you.

Tip

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:32 pm

What the heck is Mormonism? Anybody know? All I know is guys on bicycles in white shirts and ties. They had an issue with polygamy at some stage and seem pretty strict. That and… the next President could be a Mormon Minister. Anybody able to give a shout out there… I'd like to know! Thanks.
Chris
Chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Miki Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:42 am

Hi Chris, I Don't know much either. I believe Joseph Smith got a revelation about 150 years ago and wrote the book of Mormon. It is supposed to be divinely inspired. The group he founded moved to Utah where they set up camp and have been growing ever since. Despite some serious questions about their beliefs, all the Mormon people I have met here in Japan are very very nice people. They are honest and dedicated and very sincere. They take great care of their children and train them up to be missionaries at which they have had very good success. Your Mitt Romney might make a very good leader though his beliefs might be a bit out there. Sorry that's not much, but it's all I've got.Here's Wikipedia link on them.Christian Politics Bible-book-Mormon
Miki
Miki

Back to top Go down

Post by Windy Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:08 pm

I really like Ryan and was encouraged by his speech! He seems sincere, smart and dedicated. They get my vote!
Christian Politics Gty_ryan_romney_kb_120824_wg
Windy
Windy

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Guzman Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:38 am

All that is published on the internet seems pretty anti Romney. They don't put much positive about him. I hope they could be more fair.
Maria Guzman
Maria Guzman

Back to top Go down

Post by John Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:37 pm

Romney it is! We should help to get folks out to vote! Prayin' the Lord will do it!
Christian Politics Istock_000019357627xsmall
John
John

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down