Christian Video

The Video of the Week.
A Family-Friendly Lift...
Fresh Every 7 Days.

Pete's Video Picks! Pete Has Been Moving His Friends and Viewers for Years With Inspirational Video Devotionals. Funny, Poignant, Informative and Sometimes Incredible... Each Week Brings Something New That's Sure to Touch Your Heart. Pete Cuts Through the Clutter of Online Video Content to Bring You a Great Christian Family-Friendly Selection. ---Every Monday---
Latest topics
» Dreams & Prophecies
Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:54 am by Admin

» Do You Need Help or Someone to Talk to?
Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:37 am by Dusty

» Howdy There... Nice Ta' Meet Ya'
Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:33 am by Brandy

» Christmas... Joy To The World
Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:09 pm by Rick

» Rick's Picks: Neat Videos From a Christian Perspective- Inspiring and Well Worth A Watch!
Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:08 am by Rick

» MERRY CHRISTMAS
Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:52 am by Peter

» How Can They Say There Is No God
Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:23 pm by Heartsings

» On Eagles Wings
Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:17 pm by Sam

» Christian Politics
Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:37 pm by John

» God & Country?
Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:54 am by Sam

» Words of Encouragement
Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:00 am by Ray

» THANK YOU FROM JAPAN
Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:30 pm by Bruce

» Christian Story of the Day
Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:23 pm by Bruce

The true follower of Christ will not ask, "If I embrace this truth, what will it cost me?" Rather he will say, "This is truth. God help me to walk in it, let come what may!"
A. W. Tozer

Daily Inspiration

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Daily Inspiration

Post by Peter on Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:12 pm

Thought we could Have a Few Light and A Few Heavy Daily Inspirations! If you just need a lift come check this out. Please Feel Free To Add On Your Bit of Inspired Magic!

This First One is a Worldwide Compilation of "Stand By Me". Needless to Say the Underlining Bottom Line is that it's Jesus is the only True One who will Stand By You... when All Others Fail... and Even at Deaths Door He is The One Who Will Stand By You and see you Through to Heaven!

Without Further Adieu it's "Stand By Me"!
Peter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Inspiration

Post by Buzz on Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:06 pm

Ha This Looks Like Fun Peter! Should be interesting to see what comes up! HA! I did enjoy that Stand by Me!

OK I'll see your "Stand By Me" and Raise you a Paul Potts! My take on it was that many a wonderful and Sincere Christian and Soul is counted out and taken for granted... but not By God and One Day... One magical Day God... Be it in this World or the Next... God Will Lift Them Up to Shine!

Without any More Fanfare... It's Paul Potts

Buzz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter on Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:38 am

Did you ever think about how perfectly everything runs. Divinci said "if he only had the chance to see the amazing use of the human thumb he would know that there was a God"!

Think of the Planets, the stars and Galaxies... and how they work in perfect Unisen... the intricate and infinite design... and you will know that there is a God and he made everything for a reason and everything works under absolute control... for a purpose.

If you are in a situation that seems unstable or chaotic... take a moment to remember that all is going to plan and God is in Control. He juggles all the infinite details in absolute order. Romans 8:28. Everything does work together for your good. If you keep that positive trusting attitude... you'll do OK.

Peter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Inspiration -Laughter... Like a Medicine

Post by Peter on Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:05 pm

In todays world it seems like folks just know how to makes others worry and get pressured. It leads to all sorts of mental and physical problems. The greatest cure is to have a solid faith in the Lord and know that He is in Control and everything is going to work out for your Good! Romans 8:28 Don't Get Hurried Worried or Flurried... Else You'll Find Yourself... Harried, Married or Buried!

When you have that basic faith you can heave that sigh of relief and know that God is going to take care of you some how. A Missionary in China in the 1940's and 50's came back to a Texas Missionary Training Center and was asked... What was the Greatest Need of a Missionary... What was the Most important thing One had to learn to be a Missionary... His unexpected response... "to be able to laugh when you feel like crying"... to Heave a sigh of relief and know God was going to work it all out somehow.

Back away from your situation enough to trust God and Smile. Know that as you do what you can... He Will Do What You Can't! He is in Control!

Take a listen to this guy if you need a smile!
He has a gift and it's not driving the School Bus!

Proverbs 17:22
A Merry Heart does Good, like Medicine, But a Broken Spirit Dries the Bones.

Peter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

THE FINGERPRINT OF GOD... THE FIBONACCI SEQUENCE

Post by Peter on Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:17 am

God's Fingerprint
The Fibonacci Sequence

Here is a Great One for you that like Numbers! The Fibonacci Sequence repeats and repeats in creation ... infinitesimally. Fascinating Study! Another Example of the Perfection of God's Creation! God's Little Touch on Everything!

Peter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

When A Woman Will Lie

Post by Maria Guzman on Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:40 am

When A Woman Will Lie

One day, when a seamstress was sewing while sitting close to a river, her thimble fell into the river. When she cried out, the Lord appeared and asked, "My dear child, why are you crying?" The seamstress replied that her thimble had fallen into the water and that she needed it to help her husband in making a living for their family. The Lord dipped His hand into the water and pulled up a golden thimble set with sapphires.

"Is this your thimble?" the Lord asked. The seamstress replied, "No."
The Lord again dipped into the river. He held out a golden thimble studded with rubies.
"Is this your thimble?" the Lord asked. Again, the seamstress replied, "No."
The Lord reached down again and came up with a leather thimble.

"Is this your thimble?" the Lord asked. The seamstress replied, "Yes.." The Lord was pleased with the woman's honesty and gave her all three thimbles to keep, and the seamstress went home happy.

Some years later...
the seamstress was walking with her husband along the riverbank, and her husband fell into the river and disappeared under the water. When she cried out, the Lord again appeared and asked her, "Why are you crying?'' "Oh Lord, my husband has fallen into the river!"

The Lord went down into the water and came up with George Clooney. "Is this your husband? The Lord asked.

"Yes," cried the seamstress. The Lord was furious. "You lied! That is an untruth!" The seamstress replied, "Oh, forgive me, my Lord. It is a misunderstanding. You see, if I had said "no" to George Clooney, you would have come up with Brad Pitt.

Then if I said "no" to him, you would have come up with my husband. Had I then said "yes," you would have given me all three. Lord, I'm not in the best of health and would not be able to take care of all three husbands, so THAT'S why I said "yes" to George Clooney. And so the Lord let her keep him.

The moral of this story is:

Whenever a woman lies, it's for a good and honorable reason, and in the best interest of others. That's our story, and we're sticking to it.

Signed,

All Us Women

Maria Guzman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter on Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:11 pm

Trust Him with Your Dreams

TODAY'S WORD from Joel and Victoria
It's good to be passionate about your dreams, but did you know a dream can become an idol? If that's all you think about and you're not going to be happy unless it happens your way, that's out of balance. The fact is, sometimes you have to put that dream on the altar.

Are you frustrated because you're trying to force things to happen on your timetable? Sometimes we hold on to things so tightly, but actually, when we let them go, that's when God can bring them to pass. If you'll release that frustration and not let it become the center of your attention, but instead use that same time and energy to thank God that He's directing your steps, you open the door for God to give you the desires of your heart.

We have to remember, God already knows what we want and what we are in need of. He's the One who put those desires in us. We shouldn't be consumed by trying to make things happen. Instead, a greater act of faith is to be happy right where you are; to stay open and trust God because He has good plans in store for your future!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, today I release my dreams, my desires, my "wants" like a seed falling to the ground. I know that You have a good plan for my future, and I trust You to bring it to pass in my life. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

Courtesy Joel Olsteen's "Daily Word"
Peter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Willis on Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:28 am

Sometimes when people look toward the future, they don't see how they will ever rise higher or fulfill their destiny. That's because they are looking at things in the earthly, or natural, realm. But if we'll set our minds higher, if we'll set our minds on things above, we will have a different perspective.
The Scripture says in Second Corinthians that we walk by faith and not by sight. In other words, we have to believe it before we're ever going to see it.
When we set our minds higher, we walk by faith. We see things God's way. But when we walk by what we see in the natural realm, we can easily allow circumstances and fear to keep us from moving forward.
Make the decision today to set your mind on things above. Focus on the good things God has in store. Be determined to close the door on fear and doubt and choose to listen to that inner prompting of the Holy Spirit. As you walk and live by faith, you'll see His promises come to pass, and you'll move forward into the destiny He has prepared for you!

The Sky is the Limit

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father God, thank You for Your Word which lights the path You have for me. I choose today to keep my heart and mind focused on You. I choose to meditate on Your Word knowing that it feeds my faith and sets me in a position to receive every blessing You have in store for me. In Jesus' Name. Amen.
Tom Willis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter on Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:04 am

My King

From Dr. Shadrach Meshach (S.M.) Lockridge's famous sermon.

Peter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Don't Tell Me What You Believe...

Post by Brandy on Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:59 pm

Don't Tell Me What You Believe...

Tell Me What You Do...

And I'll Tell You What You Believe!

Brandy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter on Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:04 pm

Peter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:32 pm

And he said to them all: 'If anyone will come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me'!
Luke 9:23,

Every day there are things that come against us, distractions that would try to pull us away from our faith in Christ. That's why Jesus said that every day we have to make the choice to follow Him. Sometimes it's easy to think, "Well, I go to church regularly" or "I read my Bible on Sundays." But really, the Christian life isn't about how we live on the weekends, it's how we live every single day. Are you spending time with Him, daily? Are you reaching out and putting others first, daily? Are you sowing seeds to help those in need, daily?
If you know you need to make some adjustments in your daily walk with Him, the good news is that you can start right now, today. Just simply turn to Him and make the commitment to follow Him moment by moment. Let Him direct your steps and follow that inner prompting of the Holy Spirit. Make the choice every day to follow Him and watch what He will do on your behalf!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father God, thank You for another day to serve and follow You. Search my heart and mind right now and remove anything that would keep me from Your holy presence. I choose to keep my mind on You as I follow Your steps. In Jesus' Name. Amen.
Sam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick on Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:52 pm

This was so neat! John Denver doing the Lord's Prayer!

Click Here to Watch This!

Click Here to Watch This!
Rick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusty on Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:01 pm

Always Thought This was a Great Song When You Think of it as The Lord Singing it to us...

To Lean On Him!

Dusty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Guzman on Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:12 pm

I Think uou might put this under light inspiration, but it's so much like the Lord's love. He doesn't have to yell it out... just that quite peaceful love always present in every silent moment. "You Say It Best When You Say Nothing At All"!

Maria Guzman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Talee on Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:51 pm

To Me I've always been moved by the greatness and intricacies of God's creation, from the hugeness of the galaxies to the infinitesimal detail of microscopic particles. This song touched my heart along those lines. I hope it's OK to post it. If not I can take it down.

Also thank you everyone for such beautiful posts and messages. This really is a beautiful site and I'm so happy I found it. Feel very "at home"! Thank You!

Talee

Talee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzz on Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:31 pm

Hey All! I've been away from computers for a bit! But I'm back! Saw This neat song by Chris Tomlin which was inspiring! God Bless All!

Buzz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Guzman on Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:13 am

Maria Guzman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry on Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:12 am

Larry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris on Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:32 am

Chris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiritRider on Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:01 am

SpiritRider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Willis on Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:44 am

Tom Willis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Willis on Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:32 am

"It is an honor for a man to cease from strife…"
(Proverbs 20:3, AMP)
Often times, challenges are merely distractions meant to keep us from pursuing our destiny. Maybe someone in the office isn't as friendly to you as you'd like. Maybe you have a neighbor who always parks in front of your house and blocks your mailbox. Those things may be frustrating, but they have little significance when you look at the big picture. You can't allow the little things to open the door to strife in your life.
In the Bible, just before David fought the giant Goliath, his brother Iliab tried to confront him. David knew that arguing with Iliab wasn't even worth his time and strength. He knew his real battle was with Goliath, and he didn't want to be distracted. He simply "turned away" from Iliab and kept his focus on what he was called to do. In our own lives today, most frustrations aren't worth our energy. When we avoid strife, it is a mark of honor.
Keep Your Eye On the Goal
Today, I encourage you to turn away from strife. Keep your focus on what God has called you to do. As you do, you will live in honor, and you'll move forward in the destiny He has in store for you!
All Your Life My Brother
If You Be A Happy Soul
Keep You Eye Upon The Donut
And Not Upon the Hole

Tom Willis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Willis on Sun May 02, 2010 8:30 pm

Refuse to Worry

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life"
(Matthew 6:27, NIV)

Are you worrying about something today? To worry means to allow something to revolve in your mind over and over again. God doesn't want you to live worried or anxious about anything. He knows that worry steals your peace and joy. It affects every area of your life. Have you heard the saying, "Don't worry yourself sick?" That's because worrying affects your physical body. It affects your sleep.

You won't ever gain anything by worrying; in fact, you'll lose precious moments that you can never get back again. The good news is that God has promised that you can have victory over worry. It starts by making the choice to trust in Him. When you cast your cares on Him, He will give you His peace.

Decide today to put an end to worry in your life. Choose to feed your faith and fill your mind with God's promises. As you focus on God's Word, you'll drive out worry and fill your heart with faith and expectancy; and you'll be empowered to move forward into the life of blessing He has in store for you!

Tom Willis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Willis on Tue May 11, 2010 11:24 am

Man Looks on The Outward Appearance, But God Looketh On the Heart(1 Samuel 16:7)

When the Lord looks at your heart, what does He see? Every one of us has an outer life and an inner life. The outer life is our public life that the people around us see. The inner life is made up of our thoughts, attitudes, and motives. Only you and God know what's going on inside of you.
Too many people go around today pretending—acting one way, yet on the inside they're thinking something totally different. Their heart and their actions don't line up. But we have to understand that God is looking on the inside. We can fool a lot of people, but we can't fool God. He would rather us be open and honest than go through life pretending.
Take inventory of what's going on inside of you today. Are you at peace? Are you overlooking offenses? Do you believe the best in people? Do your heart and actions line up? If not, ask the Lord to give you an undivided heart. Be determined to stay true in your mind and your actions. Line up your whole being with His Word so that you can be pleasing to Him all the days of your life!

Tom Willis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Willis on Thu May 13, 2010 7:16 pm

Tom Willis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Willis on Thu May 13, 2010 8:21 pm

Tom Willis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miki on Fri May 28, 2010 9:56 am

Miki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzz on Fri May 28, 2010 1:03 pm

Those Funny Bloopers

These actually appeared in church bulletins!

Bertha Belch, a missionary from Africa will be speaking tonight at Calvary Memorial Church in Racine. Come tonight and hear Bertha Belch all the way from Africa.

Announcement in the church bulletin for a National PRAYER & FASTING conference: "The cost for attending the Fasting and Prayer conference includes meals."

"Ladies, don't forget the rummage sale. It's a chance to get rid of those things not worth keeping around the house. Don't forget your husbands."

The peacemaking meeting scheduled for today has been canceled due to a conflict.
Buzz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry on Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:18 am

IMPORTANT WORDS:

THE SIX MOST IMPORTANT WORDS:

"I admit I made a mistake."

THE FIVE MOST IMPORTANT WORDS:

"You did a good job," or "I am proud of you!"

THE FOUR MOST IMPORTANT WORDS:

"What is your opinion?"

THE THREE MOST IMPORTANT WORDS:

"I love you."

THE TWO MOST IMPORTANT WORDS:

"Thank you."

THE MOST IMPORTANT WORD:

"We."

THE LEAST IMPORTANT WORD:

"I."
Larry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Guzman on Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:34 pm

Maria Guzman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Willis on Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:34 am

Tom Willis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Willis on Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:14 am

Tom Willis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Guzman on Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:12 am

Maria Guzman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Smith on Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:54 pm

This was neat! It's the forth verse of the Star Spangled Banner being sung impromptu by an ex-Marine at a political meeting in the USA. It shows where the foundations of the USA come from. Very Moving!
Bill Smith

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando on Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:13 pm

Fernando

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miki on Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:10 pm

Miki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandy on Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:19 pm

That was beautiful Miki! Thank You!
Brandy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzz on Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:51 am

"Give us this day our daily bread…"
(Matthew 6:11, NKJ).

God has grace in store for you every single day. Grace is His supernatural empowerment, His unmerited favor on your life. All throughout scripture, we see God giving daily grace, empowerment and provision to His people. For example, when the people of Israel were in the wilderness headed toward the Promised Land, God gave them manna each morning to eat. It would just appear on the ground. But, He specifically instructed them to gather up only enough for one day's supply. In fact, if they got more than that, it wouldn't last. It would spoil. They were learning to trust God's grace every single day.

In the same way, God doesn't give us grace for a year at a time or even a month at a time. No, every 24 hours God has a fresh, new supply of grace, favor, wisdom and forgiveness. How are you going to make it through the seasons of your life? One day at a time. Look for His grace today. Look for His provision today. Look for His hand of favor and blessing today because He promises to supply everything you need for today.

Buzz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Guzman on Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:41 am

Put Your Happy Face On- The Coles

Maria Guzman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jose Triste on Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:31 pm

OK I'm Smiling! Very Happy Wink Razz

Thank You Maria!

Jose Triste

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jose Triste on Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:32 pm

OK I'm Smiling! Very Happy Wink Razz

Thank You Maria!

Maria Guzman wrote:
Put Your Happy Face On- The Coles

Jose Triste

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anna Joy on Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:55 pm

Anna Joy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Willis on Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:25 am

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE
"When You came down long ago, You did awesome deeds beyond our highest expectations…"
(Isaiah 64:3-4, NLT)
God wants to exceed your highest expectations! He wants to bless you and increase you. He wants to make you more effective in your job, relationships and everything you set your hand to. The key is to expect to see His goodness. So many people today have misplaced expectations because they look to the news, the economy or other people to set the tone for their day. One thing I've learned in life is that if you expect the worst, you won't be disappointed. But if you expect to see God's goodness, you won't be disappointed, either.
Today set your expectations on God. Focus your heart and mind on Him. Meditate on His Word and sing a song of praise. As you do, you'll see His goodness, and He will do awesome deeds beyond your highest expectations!

Tom Willis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter on Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:23 pm

"We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose"
(Romans 8:28, NIV)

Isn't it good to know that God is working behind the scenes in your life, today? No matter what you may be facing, no matter what trial you may be going through, God has a plan to turn things around in your favor. You are called according to His purpose; so right now, He is working out a plan for your good. Right now, He is orchestrating the right people to come across your path. He is orchestrating the right opportunities to open up to you. You may not see it in the natural, but look with your eyes of faith today. Show your love for the Father by your obedience to His Word. Come before Him with an open and humble heart trusting that He is guiding you. Keep standing. Keep believing. Keep hoping. Keep declaring His Word and meditate on His goodness, knowing that He rewards the people who seek after Him.

Peter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Willis on Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:16 am

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE
“Provide for those who grieve...a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of His splendor”
(Isaiah 61:3, NIV)

TODAY’S WORD from Joel and Victoria
Do you need a new garment today? I’m not talking about a physical garment. I’m talking about what’s covering your mind and emotions. Are you clothed with despair and disappointment? Are you wearing ”heaviness?” If you’ve gone through a hurtful situation, the Bible says there is a time to grieve, and it’s important to release that hurt to the Lord. But the Bible also tells us that God wants to give you a garment of praise instead of a spirit of heaviness and despair.
Are the garments of yesterday weighing you down and holding you back? It’s time for a new garment. The garment of praise is light and filled with peace and joy. Don’t carry those heavy burdens around anymore. Choose to forgive those who have hurt you and praise God for what He’s doing in your life today. If nothing else, start thanking Him for the beautiful sunrise. Thank him for restoring you, even if you don’t see it yet. Just like this verse says, you will be as strong and secure as a tall oak tree, displaying His splendor all the days of your life!
A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Heavenly Father, I come to You today and ask that You take off my old, heavy garments of despair and heaviness. Make me new today. Give me a garment of praise so that I can be a display of Your glory and splendor. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.
— Joel & Victoria Osteen
Tom Willis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandy on Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:51 pm

Talk About Funny! Listen to this guy laugh!

Peter wrote:In todays world it seems like folks just know how to makes others worry and get pressured. It leads to all sorts of mental and physical problems. The greatest cure is to have a solid faith in the Lord and know that He is in Control and everything is going to work out for your Good! Romans 8:28 Don't Get Hurried Worried or Flurried... Else You'll Find Yourself... Harried, Married or Buried!
When you have that basic faith you can heave that sigh of relief and know that God is going to take care of you some how. A Missionary in China in the 1940's and 50's came back to a Texas Missionary Training Center and was asked... What was the Greatest Need of a Missionary... What was the Most important thing One had to learn to be a Missionary... His unexpected response... "to be able to laugh when you feel like crying"... to Heave a sigh of relief and know God was going to work it all out somehow.

Back away from your situation enough to trust God and Smile. Know that as you do what you can... He Will Do What You Can't! He is in Control!

Take a listen to this guy if you need a smile!
He has a gift and it's not driving the School Bus!

Brandy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anna Joy on Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:52 pm

Brandy I'm still laughing! HA!

Brandy wrote:Talk About Funny! Listen to this guy laugh!

Anna Joy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bo Randalls on Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:08 am

Sermons We See
Edgar Guest

I'd rather see a sermon than hear one any day;
I'd rather one should walk with me than merely tell the way.
The eye's a better pupil and more willing than the ear,
Fine counsel is confusing, but example's always clear;
And the best of all the preachers are the men who live their creeds,
For to see good put in action is what everybody needs.

I soon can learn to do it if you'll let me see it done;
I can watch your hands in action, but your tongue too fast may run.
And the lecture you deliver may be very wise and true,
But I'd rather get my lessons by observing what you do;
For I might misunderstand you and the high advise you give,
But there's no misunderstanding how you act and how you live.

When I see a deed of kindness, I am eager to be kind.
When a weaker brother stumbles and a strong man stays behind
Just to see if he can help him, then the wish grows strong in me
To become as big and thoughtful as I know that friend to be.
And all travelers can witness that the best of guides today
Is not the one who tells them, but the one who shows the way.

One good man teaches many, men believe what they behold;
One deed of kindness noticed is worth forty that are told.
Who stands with men of honor learns to hold his honor dear,
For right living speaks a language which to every one is clear.
Though an able speaker charms me with his eloquence, I say,
I'd rather see a sermon than to hear one, any day.
Bo Randalls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Willis on Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:02 pm

“Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.”
(Psalm 90:12, NIV)

Sometimes our days can be so full and busy that we forget how fragile life really is. It’s easy to allow little things to creep in and steal our peace and joy. Maybe something doesn’t go our way or someone says something upsetting. Even traffic can cause us to lose focus if we let it. We have to remember that each day is a gift. If we choose to focus on what’s wrong, we’ll miss the beauty that each day has to offer.
I encourage you today; don’t let the precious moments of life pass you by. Don’t wait for holidays and birthdays to show people that you care. Remember, each day is unique and irreplaceable. You have been given time that can be invested or wasted; hours that can be used or misused. That’s why the psalmist prayed to God, “Teach us to number our days.” He was saying, “Teach us to value every moment we’ve been given.” As you daily keep a proper perspective, you’ll gain a heart of wisdom. You’ll draw closer to God and experience the full blessing that He has for you each and every day!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Heavenly Father, thank You for the gift of today. I choose to focus on the blessing of each moment instead of allowing the little things to steal my joy. Keep me close to You always as I submit every area of my heart and mind to You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Tom Willis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum