21st Century Christianity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Video

The Video of the Week.
A Family-Friendly Lift...
Fresh Every 7 Days.

Pete's Video Picks! Pete Has Been Moving His Friends and Viewers for Years With Inspirational Video Devotionals. Funny, Poignant, Informative and Sometimes Incredible... Each Week Brings Something New That's Sure to Touch Your Heart. Pete Cuts Through the Clutter of Online Video Content to Bring You a Great Christian Family-Friendly Selection. ---Every Monday---
Latest topics
» Dreams & Prophecies
People, Pastors & Leaders You Can Trust EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 1:54 am by Admin

» Do You Need Help or Someone to Talk to?
People, Pastors & Leaders You Can Trust EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 7:37 am by Dusty

» Howdy There... Nice Ta' Meet Ya'
People, Pastors & Leaders You Can Trust EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 3:33 am by Brandy

» Christmas... Joy To The World
People, Pastors & Leaders You Can Trust EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 8:09 pm by Rick

» Rick's Picks: Neat Videos From a Christian Perspective- Inspiring and Well Worth A Watch!
People, Pastors & Leaders You Can Trust EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 7:08 am by Rick

» MERRY CHRISTMAS
People, Pastors & Leaders You Can Trust EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 6:52 am by Peter

» How Can They Say There Is No God
People, Pastors & Leaders You Can Trust EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 8:23 pm by Heartsings

» On Eagles Wings
People, Pastors & Leaders You Can Trust EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 4:17 pm by Sam

» Christian Politics
People, Pastors & Leaders You Can Trust EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 7:37 pm by John

» God & Country?
People, Pastors & Leaders You Can Trust EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 8:54 am by Sam

» Words of Encouragement
People, Pastors & Leaders You Can Trust EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 5:00 am by Ray

» THANK YOU FROM JAPAN
People, Pastors & Leaders You Can Trust EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 5:30 pm by Bruce

» Christian Story of the Day
People, Pastors & Leaders You Can Trust EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 5:23 pm by Bruce

People, Pastors & Leaders You Can Trust GodHathNotGivenUsaSpiritofFear

Last edited by Peter on Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Peter
Peter

Back to top Go down

People, Pastors & Leaders You Can Trust Empty Joel Osteen -You Are Somebody's Miracle (part1)

Post by SpiritRider Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:38 pm

Joel Osteen -You Are Somebody's Miracle (part1)

SpiritRider
SpiritRider

Back to top Go down

People, Pastors & Leaders You Can Trust Empty Re: People, Pastors & Leaders You Can Trust

Post by Maria Guzman Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:07 pm

I just signed up to your group so I could put in my vote for this article. You seem to be pretty ecumenical and trying to bring Christians together and that is what we as Catholics have been trying to do since Pope John Paul was Pope. I agree sincere Christians of all faiths need to stick together and not pull each other apart. Really love your posts and pictures and hope to be a part of your web group. Anyway my vote goes to Pope Benedict as He is someone who meets all the criteria that were mentioned before. He's a good shepherd of His Flock and a shining light to the world.

People, Pastors & Leaders You Can Trust Pope%20Benedict%20XVI
Maria Guzman
Maria Guzman

Back to top Go down

People, Pastors & Leaders You Can Trust Empty Re: People, Pastors & Leaders You Can Trust

Post by Peter Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:36 pm

Thanks for your input Maria! Great to have you on board! As you said Pope John Paul and Pope Benedict have been great forces for bringing all true Christians together. At Pope John Paul's Funeral I was particularly impressed at how he had leaders there from almost all major religions to help take part in the funeral! One Last Clear Message that he left to us all!
Pope John Paul & Billy Graham
People, Pastors & Leaders You Can Trust Grahampope4

And I did want to add Maria that while I was in China 30 years ago... some of the most faithful Christians I saw were indigenous Catholics who stayed true to the Lord dispite great difficulties and persecution. I really think this rift between Protestants and Catholics needs to get canned! As we march forward into the future century... we either march and fight together... or we will die separately. Adding one more song and post of Quotes by John Paul... I found while researching another topic.

Last edited by Peter on Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:02 am; edited 3 times in total
Peter
Peter

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusty Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:17 pm

Folks I've got to Go with Pastor Rick Warren! His writings and inspiration have had a great influence on me and my family. Very dedicated and sincere Man of God!

People, Pastors & Leaders You Can Trust Rickwarren111607

This is a link for his Web site.
This is a link to his site for Pastors which is Great.
Dusty
Dusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:39 pm

Thanks Dusty! Here's a few good quotes he made if folks don't know him and are interested.

Wikipedia link to tell you more of this Wonderful Pastor!

Quotes by Rick Warren

There are illegitimate parents, but I don't believe there are any illegitimate children.

If you're alive, there's a purpose for your life.

And you know, when you've experienced grace and you feel like you've been forgiven, you're a lot more forgiving of other people. You're a lot more gracious to others.

When people lack hope, they do hopeless things.

God uses normal ordinary people in daily life. And if God only used perfect people, nothing would get done. Because none of us are perfect.

I believe that the purpose of influence is to speak up for those who have no influence. And fame is not for our own benefit, or notoriety is not for our own benefit, it's for leverage to do good.

The only way you can serve God is by serving other people.

People, Pastors & Leaders You Can Trust Rick_Warren_Purpose_Driven_Life_unabridged_compact_discs
Peter
Peter

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:25 am

"Major Christian Leaders Are Widely Unknown, Even Among Christians"

This is a Re-published article from a Non-Christian Web Article. They were shocked Christians Don't even know who their own leaders are.

Perhaps the best example of this phenomenon is Rick Warren. Pastor of a megachurch in southern California and author of the bestselling book, The Purpose Driven Life, he has appeared on countless radio and television programs and on the cover of numerous magazines in the past several years. His book, with sales exceeding 25 million copies, is reportedly the biggest selling non-fiction book in U.S. history (with the exception, ironically, of the Bible). Yet, despite such accomplishments, Mr. Warren remains unknown to most adults in this country. Three of out every four adults (72%) say they have never heard of him, including two out of every three born again Christians (63%).

Dobson gets a 57% unknown rating, including 50% among born again Christians. For my money, that'd just wrong. I think America should be made aware of exactly who he is, and what he wants. Then we can make People too embarassed to be tied to him, and alienate him and his fans even further.
Peter
Peter

Back to top Go down

Post by John Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:58 am

Wow... you all are really getting into this. OK... I'll add one. She's dead, but it's...

Mother Teresa.

I'm not Catholic as you know, but this Lady had guts and spunk and really had the Love of the Lord. I remember watching her once on TV tell the head of the European Union or some European Country... "You know you come out here to get pictures taken with me because it's good for your publicity and PR ratings. Why don't you actually do something to help. Here's the offering plate... reach into your pocket and put some money into it and give something for these poor children." And she wouldn't let him go till he actually emptied his wallet into the plate! HA! She was sincere and dedicated and that kind of sincerity wins the World, not just a lot of talk!

People, Pastors & Leaders You Can Trust Mother_teresa_love

People, Pastors & Leaders You Can Trust 185
John
John

Back to top Go down

People, Pastors & Leaders You Can Trust Empty Beg To Differ

Post by Rick Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:19 am

I wanted to say how much I have enjoyed your site. Came in for a quick look but have enjoyed your articles. I did want to put in my 2 cents on the "Leaders who you can Trust" article. Hope this is ok and appropriate as it is my 1st time to post on your site.

I thought one person mentioned by Peter, Dr. James Dobson is a sincere man, but I wouldn't recommend his group at this stage. Years ago he was the pioneer of a great movement, but as age has caught up with him his organization is far less relevant today than he himself has been. Not trying to disparage him, but if you were looking for someone to work with or follow, his group seems to lack relevancy today.

I believe every generation has to raise up new leaders to carry the standard and though you might Thank God for the Good Works of a Leader You need to see where God is leading now.
Rick
Rick

Back to top Go down

People, Pastors & Leaders You Can Trust Empty Beg to Differ with Your Differ

Post by Bob Dee Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:30 pm

Hi All, New Guy Bob here. Just wanted to add my 2 cents. On Ricks previous comment he mentioned "Focus On The Family" and I think every group has it's good and bad and Ups and Downs. From what I've read here you all seem to be trying to draw folks together and it seems like that is the way to go... not to knock down someone or some group for their weaknesses, but to dwell on the positive. So whatever group it is keep your face towards the sunshine and you won't see the shadow. That's my 2 cents... hope that's ok.
Bob Dee
Bob Dee

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:27 pm

Great to have you on board Bob. Sure Rick was trying to clairify strenths and weaknesses which is fine. Things do move! Overall you're right that we're trying to dwell on the positive and keep moving forward together. Agreed with your point that every group has it Good and Bad and it's best to Highlight the good and trust God for the rest!

People, Pastors & Leaders You Can Trust Think-positive
Peter
Peter

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Dee Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:01 pm

They might be an older group and have their weaknesses, but they sure are putting their money behind their convictions! God Bless Focus on the Family! Click anywhere for the story!People, Pastors & Leaders You Can Trust Familyjump
Bob Dee
Bob Dee

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:47 pm

This was a Good Thread! Bet a lot of folks were wondering about that.

For me ol' Joel Osteen is a Blessing! Watch him weekly. Real Encourager! God Bless Him!
Larry
Larry

Back to top Go down

Post by Bo Randalls Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:14 am

Our Pastor

Have you ever walked in our Pastor's shoes,
And gone where his feet have trod?
Have you ever thought of what he means to us,
And on your knees, given thanks to God?

Have you ever told him thank you,
For being there, when times are tough,
For comforting words and fervent prayers
When trials come and the storms of life are rough?

He answers our calls in the middle of the night
And tells us not to worry, for he will be there.
He gives up his comfort of quiet rest
And comes with prayers of comfort to share.

Have you ever thought to say thank you Pastor,
For preaching God's word to help us understand,
For all the times he has asked for things
That will lend us a helping hand?

When you pray, put him at the top of the list
And ask the Lord to surround him with loving care,
To give him strength and walk with him,
To help him with the burdens that he must bear.

Have you ever walked in our Pastor's shoes,
And gone where his feet have trod?
Have you ever thought of what he means to us,
And on your knees, given thanks to God?

A Pastor Appreciation Poem by Judy Crowe

People, Pastors & Leaders You Can Trust Jesus_pastor
Bo Randalls
Bo Randalls

Back to top Go down

Post by John Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:43 am

Nice Bo... So Very True! Thank You! sunny
John
John

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down