21st Century Christianity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Video

The Video of the Week.
A Family-Friendly Lift...
Fresh Every 7 Days.

Pete's Video Picks! Pete Has Been Moving His Friends and Viewers for Years With Inspirational Video Devotionals. Funny, Poignant, Informative and Sometimes Incredible... Each Week Brings Something New That's Sure to Touch Your Heart. Pete Cuts Through the Clutter of Online Video Content to Bring You a Great Christian Family-Friendly Selection. ---Every Monday---
Latest topics
» Dreams & Prophecies
Peace in the Midst of Storm EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 1:54 am by Admin

» Do You Need Help or Someone to Talk to?
Peace in the Midst of Storm EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 7:37 am by Dusty

» Howdy There... Nice Ta' Meet Ya'
Peace in the Midst of Storm EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 3:33 am by Brandy

» Christmas... Joy To The World
Peace in the Midst of Storm EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 8:09 pm by Rick

» Rick's Picks: Neat Videos From a Christian Perspective- Inspiring and Well Worth A Watch!
Peace in the Midst of Storm EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 7:08 am by Rick

» MERRY CHRISTMAS
Peace in the Midst of Storm EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 6:52 am by Peter

» How Can They Say There Is No God
Peace in the Midst of Storm EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 8:23 pm by Heartsings

» On Eagles Wings
Peace in the Midst of Storm EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 4:17 pm by Sam

» Christian Politics
Peace in the Midst of Storm EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 7:37 pm by John

» God & Country?
Peace in the Midst of Storm EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 8:54 am by Sam

» Words of Encouragement
Peace in the Midst of Storm EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 5:00 am by Ray

» THANK YOU FROM JAPAN
Peace in the Midst of Storm EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 5:30 pm by Bruce

» Christian Story of the Day
Peace in the Midst of Storm EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 5:23 pm by Bruce

Peace in the Midst of Storm GodHathNotGivenUsaSpiritofFear
Dusty
Dusty

Back to top Go down

Peace in the Midst of Storm Empty Re: Peace in the Midst of Storm

Post by Peter Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:23 pm

Ok… I’ve got one.

The year was 1982 and China was a country that was just opening up to the west after a horrible time of bloodshed and persecution against the Educated… the Elite and Christians. I had taken a job at the Finance and Banking Institute in Beijing to make it possible to get into the country to witness and help re-open the country to Christianity. Needless to say it was a pretty perilous endeavor. One thing we needed to train new Christians was a way of printing to get out classes and tracts etc. After a couple years of study it was obvious that what we needed was a copy machine.

That though turned out to be a hugely illegal item to bring in, because the country was terrified of western ideas entering in. We had smuggled in tons of Bibles etc., but this was our first run at something this big. It literally was the size of a one meter square box and had been donated for our mission there by a friend in Hong Kong.

Leaving through the port of Macau we traveled up the Zhu Jiang (Pearl) River to Canton. Everyone we knew in the States in Japan and even Europe, were praying for us.
Peace in the Midst of Storm 2895788084_82e5751648_o
When we got off the boat in Canton we went through immigrations and there was to our surprise an unusual number of guards there and checks were being done in triplicate. It looked like we were sunk. We were so desperate in prayer and seeing that it looked like the gig was up and we were going to get nailed… (how do you hide a 1 meter square cardboard box?) I told my wife to go in a different line and I would take the Copy machine through on my own. That way if I was arrested at least someone would be free to tell others what had happened. As I we went through my wife was stopped by the guards in the other line and there was a huge commotion as they found a stack of 20 bibles in the bottom of her suitcase.

Being so concerned with the photocopier… we hadn’t even thought anything of the small run of bibles and it was shocking to see what happened when they found them. Peace in the Midst of Storm 397230591 There was yelling and screaming and guards started coming from all over the facility to find out what was the problem… There in the middle of all the 10 or 20 security guards was my little wife being yelled at and screamed at and it was huge. As it so happened just then I came up to the counter with my obvious copy machine and the immigrations guy grabbed my passport stamped a quick entry OK and shoved me through… closing the gate and running over to join the witch hunt.

I rolled through with my treasure and a few hours later my wife was allowed entry…. Minus her Bibles and with 10 or 12 guards still screaming at her! HA! It was an amazing scene and so neat to watch God work!
A True Trusting Peace When Things Look Toughest

Peace in the Midst of Storm Bird_at_waterfall

I enjoyed your picture Joe, that you put at the beginning of this thread, but wanted to add one more of my own… a peaceful bird next to a ragging cataract. Sometimes the most amazing peace is the one in the midst of storm and difficulty… That Moment when all Hell Breaks Loose and You can sit back and Know that God is in Control and Everything is OK … No Matter how Everything Might Look to the Natural Eye!

God Help us all to keep our Eyes on Him! Perfect Peace Have Those that Love His Law… And Nothing Shall Offend Them! Isaiah 26:3
Peter
Peter

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Guzman Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:56 pm

Sorry I don't have a post here, but I did want to say thank you for this! It was just what I needed today!

Peace in the Midst of Storm Y1pm5f0uzi0AzqHYCt4a5gjl4vKK0fKQnlMAgzZdSabjVe4OGeCMvcrwI3lD8zToePUJCZuEfjH4jE
Sometimes the Light Shines Through!
Maria Guzman
Maria Guzman

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:59 am

Peter that was a Great thing God did for you! Thankful you made it through ok!
The Good Shepherd Had Your Back.
Peace in the Midst of Storm Jesus_166
Rick
Rick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down